While e-commerce has revolutionized the supply chain, it is far from done, recent reports show 40% of B2B shippers have a fully implemented ecommerce supply chain strategy. Many of the B2B orders your business handles might be considered "small freight" and end up being less than a truckload.
B2B e-commerce refers to processing orders for businesses, wholesalers, manufacturers, distributors, or retailers, rather than sending orders directly to consumers. B2B orders are sold in bulk and shipped via freight.
For B2C merchants who ship cross-border, customs clearance is an integral part of the logistics supply chain. Alongside other delivery factors, customs clearance affects whether or not goods can reach end-consumers in a timely manner.
Our integrated import clearance and delivery team provides expedited cargo release where we combine extensive customs experience with the latest in information technology to eliminate delays and provide expert compliance for commercial clients.
Services also include:
- Import and compliance consulting
- Professional entry processing
- Classification and valuation assistance
- Total compliance management
We are supported by:
- Licensed customs brokers in Kingston and Montego Bay
- Customs information services
- Advance automation tools
- Full product database
Our door to door service includes all logistics for packages from origin shipper‘s factory to consignee‘s warehouse at destination in Jamaica.
The service includes coordinating the following process for inbound shipments:
- Shipment coordination
- Customs export clearance at port of loading
- Sea/Air consolidation of palletized cargo
- Loading of cargo at origin
- Discharging of cargo at destination
- Shipment processing
- Delivery to consignee